While you were busy getting relationship advice from Fox’s new lifestyle magazine, Romney and Obama were talking immigration and Todd Palin was getting ready for a new reality show. Here are some political stories you may have overlooked this week.
Politics Friday (6/22/12): 5 things you may have missed this week
While you were busy getting relationship advice from Fox’s new lifestyle magazine, Romney and Obama were talking immigration and Todd Palin was getting ready for a new reality show. Here are some politics stories you may have overlooked this week.
Storified by Which Way, LA? · Fri, Jun 22 2012 18:40:08
1. Finally! A reality show for stars who want to be in the military. Former Supreme Allied Commander Europe for NATO and 2004 presidential candidate, Wesley Clark will host “Stars Earn Stripes.”
Todd Palin among those competing in NBC’s reality series ‘Stars Earn Stripes’Posted at 12:49 PM ET, 06/19/2012 Sarah Palin husband Todd is among those competing in NBC’s new reality series "Stars Earns Stripes," th…
2. Is Florida Gov. Rick Scott interfering with Romney’s “Evening in America” campaign theme?
Romney Campaign Said to Ask Scott to Downplay Job GainsMitt Romney’s presidential campaign asked Florida Governor Rick Scott to tone down his statements heralding improvements in the state’s e…
3. Tea Party Senate candidate from Indiana gets a little ahead of himself, giving his take on every possible SCOTUS ruling on “Obamacare.”
Mourdock Accidentally Releases Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Reaction To ‘Obamacare’ (VIDEO)No matter what happens when the Supreme Court rules on the legislation Republicans refer to as "Obamacare," Indiana Republican nominee fo…
4. Joe the Plumber still loves America.
I Love America – Joe on the 2nd Amendmentjoeforcongress2012
5. On To the Point, Ruben Navarrette responds to Obama and Romney on immigration, telling Warren: “I have two hands. I just slapped the left, let me slap the right…”
KCRW: Romney vs. Obama on Immigration by KCRWDuring Republican primaries this year and in 2008, Mitt Romney took a tough line on illegal immigration. With Hispanics of growing import…